At 1300 Rubbish, we can pick up a wide array of non-ferrous and ferrous metals including:
- copper pipes
- stainless steel
- tire rims
- car batteries
- brass and lead
- metal cabinets
- exercise machines and equipment (weight benches, treadmills, etc.)
- grills, lawnmowers
- metal doors
- iron furniture and railings
- shower stalls
- sewing machines
- metal lawn chairs
- automotive parts (should weigh no heavier than 60 pounds or 28 kilos),
- wire clothes hangers
- pots and pans
- large household appliances (stoves, wall ovens, microwave ovens, freezers, dishwashers, dehumidifiers, clothes washers, clothes dryers and air conditioners)
Easy Scrap Metal Pick Up
Discarding unwanted scrap metal is a difficult task to DIY.
By calling our team at 1300 Rubbish, you can count on our scrap metal pick-up services to take care of all your scrap metal disposal and recycling needs.
We can handle all types of scrap metal and provide all the help that you need.
All of our removal services include a tidy as well, so all rubbish and debris will be cleaned by us.
Non-acceptable Scrap Metal Items
While we handle a wide variety of scrap metals, there are certain items that we don’t include in our scrap metal pick-up services.
In general, we don’t collect the following items:
- Cars, vehicles and automotive parts that weigh more than 60 pounds or 28 kilos. Contact any automobile wrecking companies or automobile parts recyclers for assistance on their proper disposal.
- Propane tanks or oxygen and any other containers under pressure.
- Emptied cans of oil-based and latex paints
Scrap Metal FAQs
Where Can You Pick Up Scrap Metal From?
1300 Rubbish services all major cities and suburbs around Australia.
What Scrap Metal Can You Pick Up?
We can pick up a wide range of scrap metal items. Our most common jobs include stainless steel, broken machinery, iron, copper pipes, bicycles, aluminium, grills, tire rims, car batteries, pots and pans.
How Much Does Scrap Metal Pick-Up Cost?
The cost of a scrap metal pick-up job will depend on a few things, including your location and the volume of scrap metal to be removed. Give us a quick call for an obligation-free quote.
Will My Scrap Metal Be Recycled?
Selected scrap metal can be recycled when it meets specified criteria. We take rubbish removal seriously and prioritise safe, and environmentally responsible removal. Our team ensures they follow all government and council regulations to ensure the environment is protected.